Saturday, May 14, 2011

Through the eyes of a child

If we were to rate creativity in our family I would end up on the very bottom as the least creative member of our family.  Hannah on the other hand would rank as probably the most creative.  One of her school assignments was to write the story of Elijah and the widow of Zarephath from the perspective of the widow's son.  This is Hannah's version of the story (edited only for spelling errors).

Last week when me and my mother were out getting sticks a man came and asked my mother if she could get him food and drink.  Mother spoke my mind (told him that there's only enough for my lunch.) My little eyes grew big when Mother went to make MY lunch for a STRANGER!  I went to look to see if there was anything left.  When I opened the barrel I got very confused.  I peeked out the door, sure enough the man was eating.  Then it hit me, then I knew, the man was great prophet Elijah!  I was very happy somehow I knew the Lord would supply our food for the rest of the famine.

No comments:

Post a Comment